Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles

Should be the title of these blog posts! We've seen most of the Atlantic Seaboard in the past week, from Charleston SC to Machias, Maine. This post is dedicated to the "Trains" segment of our travels over the past month.


For vacation week at the end of April Ollie and I decided to take the train to New York City and visit my childhood best friend. Cassie (aka Cassandra) and I have known each other since the first grade, and we always feel like we've never been apart when we are together. Her son Kai is now 1.5, and he is super cute!


On one of the days of our visit I went into the city by myself to do three engagement sessions for three really great couples (stay tuned for more pics of those shoots tomorrow!), and Ollie got to spend the day with "Auntie Cass" and Kai. That day happened to be his 4th birthday, and I was so happy to get back to the house to find this:



The image on the left is just the crazy expression Ollie made as he tried to push his push-pop. And on the right... well, that's self-explanatory... I think this has to go into the "Ollie Brings His First Significant Other to Meet the Parents and They Proceed to Embarrass Him" album.



I don't know if I've seen a more doting dad (except maybe Matt, and even he doesn't play trains as much as Takeshi)... Takeshi is just a wonderful dad, and it was so much fun to watch him playing with his son.



The boys had a ton of fun together



Cass seemed pretty sure of herself when she told me that Kai only likes sweetened cheerios, but then I caught this photo of him eating all of Ollie's dropped Os, and I know for a fact that those weren't sweetened, so we have proof right here that Kai will eat regular Cheerios.


Cass is a very talented makeup artist and image consultant, and I did a really fun shoot for her make-up portfolio, so stay tuned for those pics tomorrow too (they get their own blog post!) She even gave my good friend Lauren Rutten a mini-makeover, but I didn't take any pictures because we were too busy laughing and catching up.

~ Enna