Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Oh, you're one of THOSE kids...


One of my favorite assignments is the school portrait day at Mosaic School. This year it was even more exciting due to the fact that I got to make Ollie's first school portrait! I can only spend so much time with each kid, and sometimes it's hard to get them to smile so after shooting several frames I have to just move on to the next child. When it was Ollie's turn, I found myself trying to get a perfect smile out of him, and then decided to just let it go and treat him just the way I treat all the other kids... that's when he stuck his tongue out at me. Some kids have what I call the Reflex: it's a totally spontaneous reaction to professional photographers, and even if has never been seen before it will manifest itself on school picture day. I swear Ollie never stuck his tongue at us when we were taking his picture until this exact moment!