Monday, October 15, 2007

Doing it Right - Justin and Mary Tie the Knot!


Justin and Mary Marantz (formerly Mary Bess), good friends and fellow wedding photographers, got married this past weekend and asked me to second shoot with David Jay. I didn't find out till 2 days before that Becker would also be joining us and what a blast it was to hang with these 2 respected west coast photographers. Sara Barlow from Chicago also joined in on the fun.


Justin brought this old 4x5 camera and I couldn't resist creating this image of Justin with the groomsmen. The old camera is on the pavement and I focused on the viewing glass.


Aren't these the ultimate cufflinks for photographers? Justin special ordered them from a store in London, and gave them as gifts to his groomsmen.



Check out how excited Mary is to say "I DO!!!!"


Here are some of the shots I got during the portraits. Working next to DJ and Becker was incredibly fun and it was cool to see how they work.










Cameras were everywhere! The groom's cake was shaped like a camera, the guest list was comprised mainly of pro-photographers with their own cameras, even the place-cards had cameras.



Thank you J&M for asking me to be such a part of your day. Your families are beautiful and I loved meeting all the CT PUG-ers! I wish I could have stayed later to party. See you this weekend in NYC!